Call for Papers for the Next Issue
- Submissions open for the 6th issue: GPJ 6 (forthcoming in April 2023)
- Topic: Constitutional Amendment Debates in Japan
- (Note that submissions on the topic are encouraged but all titles within our scope are welcome.)
- Deadline for 250 words proposals: Dec. 30, 2022 (Fri)
- Deadline for submission of full manuscripts: Feb.10, 2023 (Fri)
Information for Prospective Authors of GPJ
Definition: Global Perspectives on Japan (GPJ) is an online, Open Access, peer-reviewed (double-blind), interdisciplinary journal on Japanese Studies, published on a yearly basis. GPJ’s main language of publication is English.
Open Access Statement: GPJ is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
History of GPJ: The first issue of GPJ was published in 2017 and presented to academia with a launching ceremony during the 15th International Conference of the European Association for Japanese Studies held in Lisbon. The issue was titled “Technology and Nature” and it was dedicated to the “26th JAWS Meeting in Istanbul”. GPJ owes much of its existence to the sincere support and valuable contributions of of “The Japan Anthropology Workshop” (JAWS) members led by Dr. Brigitte Steger, the Secretary General of the organization.
The publication of the second issue for 2018 had to be postponed due to dire economic conditions in Turkey. In spite of the pandemic conditions, we managed to publish two consecutive issues in March 2020, and the fourth in June 2021. Thanks to the generous support of Toshiba International Foundation, GPJ has now achieved stability and a solid prospect for the future issues.
Issues of GPJ: You can access GPJ’s issues via the links below:
- GPJ 1: Technology and Nature
- GPJ 2: Japan’s Interaction with the Turkish and the Muslim World
- GPJ 3: Japanese Popular Culture and Literature
- GPJ 4: Constitutionalism and Democracy in Japan
- GPJ 5 : Japanese Foreign Policy and Geo-Strategic Vision
- GPJ 6 : Constitutional Amendment Debates in Japan
Aims & Scope:
- Global Perspectives on Japan focuses on developing a global perspective on the study of Japan and Asia.
- The journal promotes innovative, interdisciplinary, inter-regional and transnational approaches to Japanese Studies.
- The journal aims to be a venue for scholarship in E.M.E.A. region with a special focus on Turkey and neighboring regions.
- It especially encourages scholars from the Middle East, Balkans, Central Asia and the Mediterranean but also welcomes scholars from other parts of the world.
- GPJ invites papers in the fields of history, humanities, and social sciences including topics of the past and the present. In addition to articles, the journal publishes occasional article size or abbreviated translations, book reviews, and surveys of current trends in Japanese and Asian Studies.
Please check-out the Submission Guidelines for Articles.
For submissions and other inquiry: editorforumtauri.com