Ethical Guidelines for Global Perspectives on Japan (GPJ)
The Global Perspectives on Japan (GPJ) is committed to maintaining the highest standards of ethical behavior in all aspects of its publishing activities. These ethical guidelines outline the responsibilities of authors, editors, and reviewers in ensuring the integrity of the research published in GPJ.
Responsibilities of Authors:
- Authors must ensure that their work is original and has not been published elsewhere, either in whole or in part, unless it is clearly indicated.
- Authors must properly cite all sources of information and ideas, including their own previously published work, to avoid plagiarism.
- Authors must not submit work that is fraudulent or fabricated.
- Authors must not submit work that contains false or misleading data, either through intentional or accidental manipulation.
- Authors must declare any potential conflicts of interest, including financial, personal or professional relationships that may affect the results or interpretation of the research.
Responsibilities of Editors:
- Editors are responsible for making final decisions on the publication of articles in GPJ.
- Editors must ensure the confidentiality of the peer review process and must not reveal information about the articles under review or the identities of the authors or reviewers.
- Editors must disclose any potential conflicts of interest and must recuse themselves from the review and publication process if a conflict of interest arises.
- Editors must ensure the impartiality and fairness of the peer review process.
Responsibilities of Reviewers:
- Reviewers must maintain the confidentiality of the peer review process and must not reveal information about the articles under review or the identities of the authors.
- Reviewers must disclose any potential conflicts of interest and must recuse themselves from the review process if a conflict of interest arises.
- Reviewers must provide a thorough and objective evaluation of the research, and must base their comments on the evidence presented in the article.
- Reviewers must avoid making personal or unjustified criticisms of the authors or their work.
Responsibilities of GPJ:
- GPJ will ensure the confidentiality and impartiality of the peer review process.
- GPJ will ensure that articles are published only if they meet the journal’s high standards for quality and originality.
- GPJ will take swift action if any ethical violations are brought to its attention.
GPJ is committed to maintaining the highest standards of ethical behavior in all aspects of its publishing activities. By adhering to these ethical guidelines, GPJ strives to promote and maintain the integrity of the research published in the journal.
These Ethical Guidelines may be reviewed and updated periodically to ensure that they remain relevant and effective.
By submitting an article to GPJ, the author(s) agree to abide by these Ethical Guidelines and the Journal’s Peer Review Policy.