Global Perspectives on Japan’(GPJ) is an Open Access, peer-reviewed multi-disciplinary academic journal on Japan related topics, published on a yearly basis. Language of publication is English. Both hard-copy and digital editions are distributed worldwide.
‘Global Perspectives on Japan’ focuses on developing a global perspective on the study of Japan and Asia. The journal promotes innovative, interdisciplinary, inter-regional and transnational approaches to Japanese Studies.
The journal aims to be a venue for scholarship in E.M.E.A. region with a special focus on Turkey and neighboring regions. It especially encourages scholars from the Middle East, Balkans, Central Asia and the Mediterranean but also welcomes scholars from other parts of the world.
GPJ invites papers in the fields of history, humanities, and social sciences including topics of the past and the present. In additon to articles, the journal publishes occasional article size translations, book reviews, and surveys of current trends in Japanese and Asian Studies.
ISSUES & TOPICS
- Issue Number 1 : Technology and Nature (Special Issue: 26th JAWS Meeting in Istanbul, 2015)
- Issue Number 2 : Japan’s Interaction with the Turkish and the Muslim World (Published)
- Issue Number 3 : Japanese Popular Culture and Literature (Published)
- Issue Number 4 (2020): Constitutionalism and Democracy in Japan (Submission open)
- Issue Number 5 (2021): Japanese Foreign Policy and Geo-Strategic Vision (Submission opens on 1/1/2021)
For submission please refer to “Submit an Article” page.