Submission Guidelines for Global Perspectives on Japan (GPJ)
AIMS & SCOPE
- GPJ, as its name suggests, focuses on developing global perspectives on the study of Japan. The journal promotes innovative, interdisciplinary, inter-regional and transnational approaches to Japanese Studies.
- GPJ aims to be a venue for scholarship in E.M.E.A. region with a special focus on Turkey and neighboring regions. It especially encourages scholars from the Middle East, Balkans, Central Asia, Eastern Europe and the Mediterranean but also welcomes scholars from other parts of the world.
- GPJ invites papers in the fields of history, humanities, and social sciences including topics of the past and the present. In addition to articles, the journal publishes occasional article size translations, book reviews, and surveys of current trends in Japanese Studies.
Open Access Policy
GPJ is an Open Access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of Open Access. For more information: The Budapest Open Access Initiative
The articles in this journal are licensed under Creative Commons “Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International” (CC BY-SA 4.0)
The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions and to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
Publication Fee Policy
The journal does not require the authors to pay any fee(s) for publishing their articles. There is no “Publication Fee” or “Article Processing Charges (APCs)” for publishing in GPJ. Such costs are covered by the generous grants of Toshiba International Foundation (TIFO), sponsored by Japanese Studies Association of Turkey and complemented by the Publisher when and if it is necessary.
STYLE & FORMAT
- Main language of publication is English.
- Universally common fonts like Times New Roman or Calibri shall be used with font-size 12. Text will be single spaced.
- Main body of the submitted articles shall be between 4.000 – 8.000 words in total, including the abstract, keywords, footnotes, and Reference List parts. An abstract of max. 250 words shall accompany the text. Max. 6 keywords must be listed.
- Manuscripts are expected to follow the principles set by the latest versions of Chicago Manual of Style and be consistent throughout.
Figures / Images
- All charts, maps, tables, illustrations or any other sort of images used within the text shall be referred to as “Figures” and numbered consecutively. The exact location of the figure must be pointed out in red color. i.e. (Figure XX)
- Please keep in mind that the figures will be published black&white. (Any color will appear as shades of grey.)
- Please note that, although the publisher may assist the author whenever possible, it is the author’s responsibility to acquire relevant copyright permissions for the figures and images to be used within the article.
Files and Format
- Main body (Title-Abstract-Text-Reference List): Editable Word file with “doc” or “docx” extension. (Not pdf)
- Figures /Images: All figures /images shall be sent as separate files with whether “tiff” or “jpg” extensions. All images shall be provided with min. resolution of 300 dpi, suitable for publication.
- Personal information: A separate file containing the author’s short bio and contact information shall be a Word file with “doc” or “docx” extension.
- Peer Review: For double-blind review process, all identifying information, such as authors’ names or affiliations must be removed from your manuscript before submission. Such information shall be sent as a separate file as mentioned above.
OTHER RELEVANT MATTER
- Submission of an article to GPJ means that the author agrees to abide with the policies and guidelines mentioned above.
- Submitted manuscripts should not be published or be under consideration for publication elsewhere, prior to submission to ‘Global Perspective on Japan’.
- It is the author’s responsibility to conform with universally accepted rules of academic conduct and to adhere to ethical standards. See Ethical Guidelines…
- The publisher will send a digital copy of the journal and a separate file of the published article, to the author.
For submissions and other inquiry please contact us: email@example.com