- Main language of publication is English.
- Universally common fonts like Times New Roman or Calibri shall be used with font-size 12. Text will be single spaced.
- Main body of the submitted articles shall be between 4.000 – 8.000 words in total, including the abstract, keywords, footnotes, and Reference List parts. An abstract of max. 250 words shall accompany the text. Max. 6 keywords must be listed.
- Manuscripts are expected to follow the principles set by the latest versions of Chicago Manual of Style and be consistent throughout.
Figures / Images
- All charts, maps, tables, illustrations or any other sort of images used within the text shall be referred to as “Figures” and numbered consecutively. The exact location of the figure must be pointed out in red color. i.e. (Figure XX)
- Please keep in mind that the figures will be published black&white. (Any color will appear as shades of grey.)
Files and Format
- Main body (Title-Abstract-Text-Reference List): Editable Word file with “doc” or “docx” extension. (Not pdf)
- Figures /Images: All figures /images shall be sent as separate files with whether “tiff” or “jpg” extensions. All images shall be provided with min. resolution of 300 dpi, suitable for publication.
- Personal information: A separate file containing the author’s short bio and contact information shall be a Word file with “doc” or “docx” extension.
- Peer Review: For double-blind review process, all identifying information, such as authors’ names or affiliations must be removed from your manuscript before submission. Such information shall be sent as a separate file as mentioned above.
Copyrights, ethical standards and relevant matter
- Submission of an article to GPJ means that the author agrees to transfer all the relevant copyrights (both print and digital) to the publisher, if it is accepted for publication.
- Submitted manuscripts should not be published or be under consideration elsewhere, prior to submission to ‘Global Perspective on Japan’.
- It is the author’s responsibility to conform with universally accepted rules of academic conduct and to adhere to ethical standards.
- The author shall acquire relevant copyright permissions for the figures to be used within the article.
- The publisher will send a hard-copy and a digital version of the journal to each author.
- When submitting, please indicate which issue you prefer your submission to be considered for.
For submissions and other inquiry: